Baburaoji Gholap College
Pune District Education Association, Pune, the parent body of our Institute was established
by the great social reformer Hon. Baburaoji Gholap in 1941.
P.D.E.A’s Baburaoji Gholap College, Sangvi, Pune-27 was established in June 1989 with the motivation of
Late Prof. Ramakrishna More, then President of PDEA.
Empowering Rural Society through Education
To impart quality education to rural, semi-urban and urban masses and to mould them into rational thinkers, competent workers and socially and ethically responsible citizens of the country
- To provide education to the needy rural masses for their upliftment
- To provide need based education to face the challenges of the 21st century
- To provide value based education to develop cultured citizens of India.
- To Empower girl students
Our institute has been imparting education tothe rural, semi-urban and urban masses.
We have adequate number of classrooms, laboratories, computercentre with ample number of computers.
We have competent and well qualified faculty and efficient administration tradition.
Our Institute is multi-faculty college which offers Degree courses in Arts,Science and Commerce as well as Post Graduate Degree
courses in Arts, Commerce,Science and Computer Science. We also have N.S.S., Sports, Cultural and Literacy Association.
All the programs offered by college are well woven with the aims and objectives of the institution.
Special Programmes, Workshops and Skill oriented courses are arranged for girls through Vidyarthini Manch (Forum for Girl students).
Prin. Dr. M. G. Chaskar has been instrumental in accelerating further growth of the college. His motivation
has resulted in a significant increase in the number of staff members going in for advanced research.
His leadership expertise is well implemented in the leadership role as the head of the institution.
This has culminatedin the Institute achieving many awards like -
- Recipient of Best College Award by University of Pune (2010-11)
- MamasahebMohol Trophy for Best College of Pune District EducationAssociation, Pune-38. (2009-10)
- Award for Tree Plantation by Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation. (2010-11)
- Best college NSS unit awarded by Red Cross Society, Pune. (2010-11)
- Award for Tree Plantation by Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (2010-11)
- First Prize at University level for “JAGAR JANIVANCHA” a competition organized by Government of Maharashtra
twice(2012-2013 & 2013-2014)
- College received Second Prize for College Magazine “PRATIBIMB” by University of Pune.
- Recognization of Star College Status by DBT,UGC New Delhi (2014-2015)
The status gained by our college today is all because of proper guidance and inspiration of Hon. Ajitdada Pawar, President of P.D.E.A. He has broadened the vision of every teacher and employee of the institution. The efforts of the entire college staff are focused on the academic as well as overall development of the college and the students.